From now through December 19, fantasy writers will be able to submit nominations for the 2016 Fantasy Sports Writers Association (FSWA) awards. At the conclusion of the submission process, an independent panel of judges will decide each of the award categories.
This year’s categories:
- Fantasy Football Writer of the Year (3 submissions required)
- Fantasy Football Article of the Year, Print
- Fantasy Football Article of the Year, Web
- Best Fantasy Football On-Going Series (3 submissions required)
- Best Fantasy Football Publication*
- Fantasy Baseball Writer of the Year (3 submissions required)
- Fantasy Baseball Article of the Year, Print
- Fantasy Baseball Article of the Year, Web
- Best Fantasy Baseball On-Going Series (3 submissions required)
- Best Fantasy Baseball Publication*
- Fantasy Basketball Writer of the Year (3 submissions required)
- Fantasy Hockey Writer of the Year (3 submissions required)
- Fantasy Racing Writer of the Year (3 submissions required)
- Fantasy Golf Writer of the Year (3 submissions required)
- Fantasy College Sports Writer of the Year (3 submissions required)
- Humor Article of the Year
- Newcomer of the Year (3 submissions required)
- Best Football Podcast**
- Best Baseball Podcast**
- Best Podcast, all sports**
- Best Video**
- Best Radio Show**
Be sure to register for an account in the upper right of the site. After you receive a confirmation email, log in to the site. Writers can submit their own nominations or submit for other members. Only active FSWA members can compete. Anyone not a member of the FSWA can apply here. Once approved, you will be able to submit your nomination. Writer of the Year category entrants are asked to submit a selection from the full year of fantasy coverage (both preseason and in-season articles).
*NOTE TO MAGAZINE PUBLISHERS: Please mail your 2016 Fantasy Football and Baseball print publications to our offices by Dec. 16 to compete for the best magazine award in each category. Mail to: FSWA, c/o Andy Behrens, PO Box 101188, Chicago IL 60610-1188.
**NOTE TO MULTI_MEDIA PARTICIPANTS: Email a link or compressed audio file to
(reference the appropriate category in the subject line). One entry (one clip) per member.
For more information, contact Andy Behrens by email at
Step 1: Log in to the site
Use the log/pw you were assigned when you registered for membership. Anyone who has trouble logging in can retrieve their log and/or password through the site, or contact
Step 2: Select the Nominee
On the first screen, pick the name of the FSWA member you would like to nominate for an award. Writers can nominate their own work. If you do not see the person’s name listed, click on the “Add a New Person” button and enter the name.
Step 3: Select the Category
On the second screen, use the dropdown menu to pick the category for the person you are nominating. Please Note: Nominees can only have one submission per category.
Step 4: Enter the Article(s)
On the third screen, a box will appear with an assigned numbers for the candidate, category and article. Click the “enter” button to add the article into the web editing tool. For categories which require multiple submissions (newcomer of the year, or any writer of the year and on-going series awards), please complete this process for all the required submissions.
To enter an article in the web editing tool, simply copy the article online or out of a word processor program (Wordpad and Notepad are preferred). Then paste it into the web editing tool. Please delete all references to the author, the site for which he/she is writing, and any pictures or links. When finished, click the “save” button. When entering for multiple submission categories, you will be redirected to the page where you can enter new articles. This page will now also allow you to edit the articles you have already posted. When finished entering all articles, click the “Back to Nomination” button and begin your nomination.